Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Soccer Star

Elliot finished his first season of soccer, and he had a fantastic time. Although when playing "what would you rather do" with him (a little game where we ask each other, "what would you rather do (fill in with 2 options here)" it went a little like this:

Me: "Elliot, what would you rather do, play soccer or dress up in girl's clothes?"
Elliot: (started to answer the question, but then realized what I said so pauses and gives me a crazy look as if had just asked him for half of his candy bar and starts to laugh a little) "MOM! Play soccer, you're silly!"

At least he answered that one the way I would think parents would hope their son would answer a question concerning dressing in girl's clothes. :)

Anyway, back to the soccer - they had a fun season...and we'll just leave it at that. They didn't do too bad though, for a bunch of 4 year olds that didn't really all get what they were doing. Elliot made some good buddies, scored some goals, and got a trophy at the end. He was so very proud of his trophy and said "Mom, this is the best day ever!" when he got it. For the last game and the awarding of the trophies, we went to Pizza Street together. The team got the coach a small gift, and when she thanked Elliot, she gave him a hug and a kiss on his forehead. I got a picture of it and was teasing him a little, and he quickly wiped the kiss off, hoping to erase it. I told him that he couldn't take it off, because I got a picture of it...he got so mad. We were able to distract him with some ice cream though. At the end of every day when I'm tucking the kids in, I always ask what their favorite part of the day was. Elliot said, "My trophy of course!" He's such a great little guy.


No comments: